2008 sea doo wake 215 SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have a few questions to ask . I have a 2008 sea doo wake 215 it's completely stock I was looking to upgrade the intake and do the water box delete. Make it run a little bit better and cooler. Can any one recommend What brand of intake? And muffler delete pipe? Thank you!

I think the Riva intercooler is the first step in modifying an intake. As for the waterbox delete, I'm not sure anyone actually makes that. I believe Riva has a pipe that deletes the starboard resonator, so exhaust goes from J-pipe to waterbox and out the exhaust hole. Deleting the waterbox would make this ski unbearably loud, and I'm not sure is even possible. In any case, you must have a bend in the exhaust system that goes way above the waterline so that water will not flowback into the manifold.

Well I did call it the wrong think crap. I ment just the pipe to go were that big ass black box is and like you said. Have it were it is tilted up so water can come back In. So wen I was saying intake I ment like a high flow pipe and filter. I am a bit confused on that part .

I found think but it does not come with air filter. What else would I need for it too work properly? I appreciate you helping me out.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 17
I've never done this to any of my skis, but the intercooler is a heat exchanger that uses raw water to cool down the compressed air coming into your motor. Currently, your intercooler is situated inside the intake manifold. The Riva cooler is an external upgrade and would yield you some actual results versus just upgrading the intake. Your ski doesn't even have an air filter, and the stock system is capable of flowing tremendous amounts of air. If you want real power, you'll find it in upgrading the supercharger, intercooler, injectors and ECU programming. What you found in the link you posted is just the piping for the upgraded intercooler. I don't think buying an "intake kit" would get you any benefit, just like it doesn't make any difference on cars where that is the only change. I would search for threads where people modify 4tec skis on google to get an idea of what they have to do. It costs tremendous amounts of money to make these things any faster. There are no cheap/easy gains.

Well I really appreciate your thoughts I am new to this sea doo. Wa just going to tinker with it. I sure do like that super charger sound. Guess I should just leave it alone.

The picture you posted is piping for an upgrade intercooler. Riva does make an intake for these skis, but I don't think it'd get you much power. I wouldn't invest in it. If you want power, you should get an the X charger, (bigger supercharger), bigger injectors, aftermarket intercooler and piping and probably the riva waterbox. I don't think changing just one component is going to net much improvement on a highly tuned system. However, I do not speak from experience. Maybe someone out there has added an intake and can tell you first hand. I would search around for others who have modified their 4tec to go faster. I belive the $$ adds up pretty fast in this game.

Long ago, I realized that to make a 4stroke ski faster was too expensive. If I were to do it, I'd just but a 2009 RXPX. It comes with 255hp and I've seen one as low as $4300. Got sold right before I went to get it.

Just did the free flow exhauste pipe. Well I am not pleased with the sound outside the wate. hopefully it sounds better underwater. Had hell getting the water box out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back