2008 Islandia Motor Surge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinnierd

I recently purchased a 2008 Islandia with the twin 215 motors in it. First trip out I had one motor surging when throttled up and the other motor only topped out at about 5-6k rpm for the first part of the trip. The surging motor was random and would just surge about 2k RPM while I was up on plane and running. After running it for about an hour, the trip back to the dock was much better. The surging of the one motor seemed to go away, and the other motor would top at at like 8k rpm. I am guessing it was bad gas, or maybe a dirty fuel filter? I think the boat had been sitting for like 6 months prior to me purchasing.

So I have a couple questions, are their fuel filters on these boats, and also does each motor have its own fuel pickup? I would assume bad gas would have made both motors surge, unless there are separate filters.

Also does anyone suggest any treatments that I can run in the gas to help clean out the system?

Thanks

Dirty/old gas, could've been the cause. Did you get a Check Engine Light? Does it light on startup? I would change the plugs, first, before you go any further...

Didnt get a service lights while running. All the lights check out when I first put the key in, so I believe they all work. If it was dirty gas, is there any filters I need to change, or any treatment I should run. I find it out that only one motor surged unless there is a filter in between that may be plugged.

No lights, no codes... Is it supercharged? It may have something to do with that. If it isn't, I would change the plugs and try again...

It is a supercharged model, what was odd is that it seemed to work itself out and run better after some time. Would that make sense if there was issues with the supercharger?

I do not have one. But, I remember threads about the intercooler, and if there was a problem, it would display similar symptoms. Someone may chime in, but I distinctly remember reading that same scenario. Of course, if it sat a long time, the problem may have worked itself out. I would go through all connections, tubes, clasps and make sure everything is tight...

I don't know where in FL you are, but Brett at Jet Trendz, in New Port Richey, is an awesome mechanic, if you need one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back