2008 GTX 155 Not Starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kellymit

Hello all.

I have a 2008 Sea Doo GTX 155 that won't start. I put this away last season, and of course it has ran perfect.

I have a fully charged battery that has been load tested and is completely a good battery still (directly from boat place). I put the key in and it beeps just like it should and it shows no errors on the screen. I just the start button and the starter runs for a half of a second to a second and then shuts off. It won't stay on long enough to start the machine.

Is this a relay issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

That my friend is a bad battery. I had the same issue with mine. Would have just enough juice to crank it over once maybe twice then it would stop. Battery tested ok too.

I also think it is a bad battery based on your description.

If you have a volt meter I bet the volts drop to 10 or lower when you are trying to crank the engine...

Thank you both for the updates. This morning I took the boat battery from my pontoon, and tried to start it with that. Used jumper cables from the two terminals in the jet ski to the battery. This time I only heard the solenoid make the noise and the starter didn't even want to fire. So, I hooked back up the jet ski battery and now that also does the same thing, just the solenoid click.

Now I am even more confused. Could this actually be a starter issue? I am going to look a parts blow up to see how I test and see if power is going to the starter. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

If the battery in the jetski was still hooked up all you managed to do is jumping a good battery to a bad one, which is not going to get you anywhere. I'm 100% convinced you have a bad battery.

Take the battery to autozone or the like, they will test it for free usually. But do make sure your battery cable connections are cleaned up as well.

Thank you for everyone's help. The battery wasn't hooked up in the jet ski when I was using the boat battery.

Turns out I think I was loosing power over the jumper cables.

I replaced battery with a new glass at one and it started instantly!!!!!!!!! Thank you again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back