2008 GTX 155. LOOKING FOR OPINIONS?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRei

Hi looking to purchase a salt water 08 GTX 155 with 110 hours on it guy asking $3500, not sure if this is a fair price or a decent ski, I’m upgrading from my 02 RFI which I’m keeping as well thanks for you comments.

personally, i wouldn't go with any used ski that was in salt water. you never know what you'll find.

Definitely a decent ski - one of the best for comfort, reliability, and all-round use. And at sea level with a wear ring in good condition, you can maybe hit 60 mph on smooth water. 110 hours is nothing if it has been taken care of. These skis will go 350 or 400 hours I hear... and I have 260 hours on my 155 and have just replaced the starter other than regular oil and spark plug maintenance. Price really depends on area and market, but $3000 is likely the ballpark for this ski in good condition.

personally, i wouldn't go with any used ski that was in salt water. you never know what you'll find.

Just sold my 2011 GTI 130 SE with 350 salt hours for $4400 w/trailer. It looked better than most 6 month old skis. Use that "fear" of salt use to your advantage. Others may think like bowlerx; that gives you bargaining power and the potential to get a good condition ski for a bargain.

Last edited:
Hi looking to purchase a salt water 08 GTX 155 with 110 hours on it guy asking $3500, not sure if this is a fair price or a decent ski, I’m upgrading from my 02 RFI which I’m keeping as well thanks for you comments.

That's an OK deal...not a steal by any means.

https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2008/Sea-Doo-BRP/GTX-155/10256403/values
There's a guy in my area that has his 2011 GTI 130 for $3,000 w/trailer.

Includes a trailer? If so, is it galvanized, aluminum...what's the condition of the trailer components such as springs, wheels, tires...all this adds up.

I'm interested in the 2011 GTI 130 w/trailer for $3k. Can you get me his contact info? I'll be in Orlando/Cocoa Beach area in a couple weeks(if the virus craziness allows me to).

Just sold my 2011 GTI 130 SE with 350 salt hours for $4400 w/trailer. It looked better than most 6 month old skis. Use that "fear" of salt use to your advantage. Others may think like bowlerx; that gives you bargaining power and the potential to get a good condition ski for a bargain.
there are some exceptions. buying from people who take care of their ski like you will more than likely be fine. at least 80% of salt water skis i've seen are corroded from the inside. basically lipstick on a pig.

would you buy a car from someone who lived in a climate where they salted the roads? me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back