2008 Challenger Captain seat options

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpenter29

First time poster here. I recently joined the forum as we purchased a 2008 Challenger about 2 weeks ago. I have been finding lots of helpful information so far. My issue is the two captain seats. Can they be reupholstered? It looks like they are riveted to the plastic backing so I don't know how I would take them off to be recovered. Has anyone done this before? Alternatively, is there somewhere I could buy replacement seats if I can get this repaired?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_105210.jpg
    IMG_20210508_105210.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 15
First time poster here. I recently joined the forum as we purchased a 2008 Challenger about 2 weeks ago. I have been finding lots of helpful information so far. My issue is the two captain seats. Can they be reupholstered? It looks like they are riveted to the plastic backing so I don't know how I would take them off to be recovered. Has anyone done this before? Alternatively, is there somewhere I could buy replacement seats if I can get this repaired?

Thanks in advance for any help.

the seat upholstery can be replaced by drilling out the heads of the pop rivets. there were six per seat on mine. seat covers are available online or take to shops. the new rivet anchors and washers must inserted during recover process. also note that the fabric material must conform to the curve of the hard plastic frame/seat so wrinkles will result when seat back is compressed to fit. so, make sure the side to side measure is same as the hard plastic shell otherwise wrinkles will show. I imagine that a shop could do the whole thing, but would need the entire seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back