2010 Seadoo challenger 210 gauge issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwalt88

Hi all,
I purchased a 2010 SeaDoo Challenger 210 recently and it has a somewhat unreadable LCD readout. As I scroll through the different ski/dock/cruise modes I can't read the whole of the letters. You can see an example of the issue here: and below.
The 3rd or 4th pic on the link I sent is a video that shows a good example of the issue while scrolling.
I've done a bit of research and it could be the polarizing film burned in the sun and I would tackle that job myself if I had a spare gauge in case I ruined the old one. I called parts.worldofpowersports.com and asked if they had one in stock but they say no dealer in the US has one available. I do see one on Amazon and EBay "Sea-Doo New Dash Gauge Caliberated Instrument Cluster 204471499 Challenger 210" It lists the models as
  • 210 Challenger S & Challenger SE 310, 2010-2012
  • 210 Challenger SE 430, 2010-2012
  • 210 SP 310, 2010-2012
My question to the group is would the Ebay gauge work the listing is here:
Sea-Doo New Dash Gauge Caliberated Instrument Cluster 204471499 Challenger 210 | eBay
If not does anyone know where I can find a spare gauge? The part number is 204471374 superseded by 204471539. Or should I just try to change the polarizer myself and see what happens.

On the EBay listing the part number for that listing is different than the part number listed as a replacement for my gauge cluster. And it looks a bit different with the ring around the RPM meter being red instead of white like mine.
If you think it would still work especially the ski mode, cruise mode, docking mode and eco mode scrolling I would give it a shot since the listing has a 30 day return policy.

Based on this pic and the video would you guys think it is a polarizing film issue or a gauge that needs to be replaced because it will only get worse?
Thanks in advance for the help!
1FACC8AD-58FD-4D7C-A9AA-56EA2F040A7D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back