2008 challenger 180 prop

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda1976

Premium Member
Premium Member
I am looking at getting a SRX-CD-14/19 from solas but I seem to be having a hard time confirming one on impros website site to match with my challenger stock boat. I have researched it on this forum and it seems to be the best prop for it. I seen some on eBay so I just want to make sure I am ordering the right part number. So any help on this please

Thanks dave

I have seen a post about the srx and the srz prop and then some other guys say one fits and some other guys say the other fits?

Nate is right. I just went through the same thing. Take your pump apart before you order. I have a SRX-CD-14/19 that is perfect I'd sell if it's what you need. I'm in eastern Ontario. I have a 2011 Challenger 180 SE 215 HP.

The SRX is what your boat "should" require if it has the stock shaft. Looking at the parts page they changed the impeller shaft in 2010+. Again looking at the parts page, it appears the new shaft fits in the old housing. So it is plausible it has been changed. I'm no expert though, this is just what I have deduced by comparing part numbers from one year to the next.

this is the seadoo Stainless Steel Impeller for my 2008 challenger SE
204160259 part number anyone know if it goes over bearing or just up against the shaft.

Sea-Doo

The SRX-CD-14/19 would be the correct impeller if yours is the 204160259. That's the same stock impeller that was on my 06 and I'm currently running a SRX-CD-14/19. Some people say they prefer the 13/18, but I personally haven't tried one.

How do you like the SRX-CD-14/19 compared to the stock impeller? Is it an upgrade?

How do you like the SRX-CD-14/19 compared to the stock impeller? Is it an upgrade?

It's definitely better on the bottom end. My stock impeller cavitates and bounces off the limiter a few times before hooking up good if you advance the throttle too quickly from a stop. There could be other issues causing this, but the 14/19 doesn't do this at all. It seems to have a bit more kick in the mid range too if you go full throttle. I'd say the top end speed is similar. Currently the solas is faster by 1-2mph, but I've done a few pitching experiments with my stock impeller so it's no longer the stock pitch.

Also as far as the 14/19 vs the 13/18 goes. I'm currently turning the 14/19 at 8000+ with a 4" intake. So assuming the gauge is accurate, I'd think the 13/18 would rev too high. I'm in Canada though, where the air and water temps are generally much lower than what many of you guys see. So perhaps down in places like Florida the 13/18 is a better choice.

I've installed the Solas SRZ-14/19 and have found no discernible difference from the stock 14/19. My top end is about 45-47 which is the same as it was with the stock. It does have great traction but I didn't have any problems with the stock prop either. I did happen to accidentally drive over some floating seaweed in the middle of Tampa Bay this weekend that I was able to work out without getting into the water, the Solas prop is SUPER sharp.

I have heard the Skat Trak Swirl impeller at a 13/17 pitch. Huge gain in bottom end and hook up for towing tubes and skiers. Same speed as stock, anyone's input. Hoe this one does against the Solas 14/19

We're is the best place to buy a skat trak impeller, can seem to find i listing on line for my seadoo challenger 2008

Ya I believe in 2010 the changed the impeller style do you have a picture of your stock one is it over bearing or against the shaft?

So does anyone have a picture of a 2008 or 2007 challenger 180 impeller before I spend 2 hours taking mine out to make sure on witch one I require

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back