2008 Challenger 180 - 215HP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

I am considering the purchase of a 2008 Seadoo Challenger 180 with the 215HP motor. I like the idea that it will fit in my garage. I wanted to get some feedback from people that have experienced this boat (good and bad) and if the 215HP performed well. Assuming that the boat is in excellent condition what do you think would be a fair price? It does have the tower, bimini top, and full cover.

so so

My best friend just got an 06 challenger 215 after trading in his 05 sportster 255. The difference is unbelievable, these are the only two jet boats i have ridden in. He traded in the sportster because it was to small for his liking. The challenger seemed to be kinda sluggish, not slow by any means but not enough speed for for a jet/speedboat. also i assume there are difference between the 06 and 08 years but it seamed to piss though gas. one thing i really liked/noticed was how the front bends down, made driving it nice, gave great visibility. Great boat but not enough power for my taste. good luck :cheers:

Jim,
My wife and I have owned a 2008 Challenger 180SE since May. It's our first boat, so we don't have anything to compare it too; however, with the two of us on board, we can easily get to 53-54mph (indicated), and with 4 adults and two children we were able to reach 50-51 mph (indicated). For an outing of 1-2 hours WOT and another hour or so of putzing around, we typically burn 10-15 gallons.

Overall, we've had a great time with it so far, but if I would have known how much time we were going to spend on it, I would have gone with something a little bigger and better suited to keeping in a slip.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back