2007 Speedster 200 High Idle Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dgarza

So my boat is at the dealership. There are no check engine lights on or anything that would indicate a problem. My boat has the starboard engine running 1,000 rpm's higher than the port side. the service guy says its the ecu and that it would run me $1,300.00. anyone care to give some insight. 2007 speedster 200 430hp.
thanks in advance

dan

This forum lacks big time... Posted this same thing at greenhulk and have had a ton of responses. This doesn't even have one. And neither does this post in the "premium member" forum save your cash and just go to green hulk for trouble shooting assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, having the same problem with my 07 Speedster, the 1st day I took it out!!! Care to share some info with me? Or PM me the other site and I'll check it out. Thanks

Hey man, having the same problem with my 07 Speedster, the 1st day I took it out!!! Care to share some info with me? Or PM me the other site and I'll check it out. Thanks

Before you guys go throwing parts at it (expensive ones at that). Have the dealer read what the TPS (throttle position sensor) is showing with throttle levers down or (0). This is where I would start, there is a throttle cable adjustment, this is likely where your problem is. Have them adjust the motor thats got high rpms like an 1/8 turn clockwise make sure you tightent the retain screw too. Then using budds make sure you reset your TPS.

Before you guys go throwing parts at it (expensive ones at that). Have the dealer read what the TPS (throttle position sensor) is showing with throttle levers down or (0). This is where I would start, there is a throttle cable adjustment, this is likely where your problem is. Have them adjust the motor thats got high rpms like an 1/8 turn clockwise make sure you tightent the retain screw too. Then using budds make sure you reset your TPS.
That's what I did last week thanks to beerdart and geowelsh on green hulk

Good to hear they were able to help you out. Piece of advice ... that kinda attitude will get you expensive bills (as you've discovered) or no help at all. Alot of people post on these boards and others ... it doesn't take much to just ask again as sometimes posts get overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear they were able to help you out. Piece of advice ... that kinda attitude will get you expensive bills (as you've discovered) or no help at all. Alot of people post on these boards and others ... it doesn't take much to just ask again as sometimes posts get overlooked.

wait hahhahahaha ok sorry you're too funny I almost fell off my chair laughing. Again there is no attitude but it amuses me how you take it personal. Dude youre a week late maybe this would have been worth reading a week ago but today youre just showing your ignorance. Everything I have stated is facts with your so called "attitude". and i dont have " expensive repair bills thanks to green hulk's supportive members who actually help by posting good advice unlike some people I wont mention any names(BMANN06), who just post non-sense and post it about historical events...lol. this forum requires you to be a "premium member" for premium tech support that really doesnt exist which is why I have not renewed my membership. I asked repeated amounts of time for manuals on that forum a while back and was told they were working on the uploader. To this date that manual has yet to be uploaded but I paid my $$$ and was promised a downloadable service manual and got screwed. but oh well. my buddies post for me a 4 days ago in the "premium section" to my knowledge still doesnt have any posts...so posts going missed in this forum ok, but in the Premium????thats why they paid to be in that "class" to get their problems supposedly resolved yet those go overlooked as you say...anyways got the help I needed at green hulk without even being asked to become any type of member....

Wow, today is the day for some testy posts.

I'm buying a beer for all involved........
:cheers::cheers: :cheers::cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Why are you still here then?

Because another member asked for some help and unlike your useless posts I've sent him some info. And as long as you've got something to say I don't back down...btw you must be the Seadoo forum groupie haha you take it all to heart and I go where ever I wish whenever I want...I'm an American and we just roll like that...lol

Because another member asked for some help and unlike your useless posts I've sent him some info. And as long as you've got something to say I don't back down...btw you must be the Seadoo forum groupie haha you take it all to heart and I go where ever I wish whenever I want...I'm an American and we just roll like that...lol

Yup useless posts your right ... trade that bud light in for a warm milk and go to bed. I'm steppin out I've had enough of your whining.

to whom it may concern, personally, ive read your posts, they should just boot your ass off the forum, i looked and you posted you were looking for a mechanic, so most of the things people tell you is probably way over your head anyways, your the kinda person, if someone gave you a steak, you would bitch how its cooked -- you probably made most peoples ignore list, so they cant see what you posted anyways

Yup useless posts your right ... trade that bud light in for a warm milk and go to bed. I'm steppin out I've had enough of your whining.
good night don't forget your cookie before you go to bed...lol I guess you're on to the next one

:seeya:

Let's just play nice.

If he got more help in GreenHulk ...so what.

Maybe someone else from GH got better help here at one time.

Time out......

to whom it may concern, personally, ive read your posts, they should just boot your ass off the forum, i looked and you posted you were looking for a mechanic, so most of the things people tell you is probably way over your head anyways, your the kinda pe:lol:rson, if someone gave you a steak, you would bitch how its cooked -- you probably made most peoples ignore list, so they cant see what you posted anyways

:lol: oh boy another groupie! Haha that's funnier! you're the kind of person who needs to post something to feel important...I'm assuming mission accomplished, run along now.

Let's just play nice.

If he got more help in GreenHulk ...so what.

Maybe someone else from GH got better help here at one time.

Time out......

That's what I was saying but I must have struck a nerve since these guys went on the defensive immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back