2007 Speedster 200 (430) what should I know before buying?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

So I found a 2007 Speedster 200 with the 430 hp motors. The boat looks very clean and the superchargers have been rebuilt with the steel washers. The boat does have a wake tower (I don't want) and has a nice stereo and comes with a cover. Couple of questions, the guy says he doesn't know how many hours are on the boat, is there not a hour meter on this boat? For this time of the year what should I expect to pay for this boat? I live in Wisconsin and he is asking $16,000 which I think is a high price. For this year boat is there anything I should watch out for as issues that people have had?

Thanks

Carbon ring seals, wear rings, impellers, pump seals, oil changes and other maintenance records,....all stuff I'd know the status of before I purchased. Now that I own a Speedster, I wished I'd have asked..... Not necessarily deal breakers, but a couple thousand worth of repairs/maintenance might be looming out there for you. Auto-Bilge pump is known to get hung and burn the battery down. And there's a 30amp fuse in the charging circuit that is known to burn out and keep the boat from charging. And the rectifier/regulators are known to burn out. And unless they changed something between my year model and the one you're looking at, the Speedster is known for porpoising. Other than that, it's a fun boat...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back