2007 RXT - 4 short Beeps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDCam

Hi All,
I have a 2007 RXT 215.
Half the time I place the dess key on the post I get 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps and the machine starts no issue.
The other half the time I get 1 long beep followed by 4 short beeps and the machine will not start.
If I remove and replace the dess a couple times I eventually get 1 long followed by 2 short and it starts

Is that first long beep expected, or is that already my first issue?
I downloaded the manual and it says 1 long indicates a bad Dess connection or key.
It says 4 short beeps just means the key is on the post without the the engine running.

Neither really makes any sense to me with what is physically happening
I have been reading other posts and seeing hat 4 short can be anything from the machine not in neutral to ??. I assume the beep codes are very model/year specific

Any idea whats going on?

1 long beep usually does mean that the key was not read properly. You should put it on quickly and firmly. One long beep can sometimes be a communication error with the cluster or a fault code. Is your cluster working properly, do you have any active fault codes, is there a maintenance reminder when the key is put on?

The 4 beeps is normal and just means it knows the key is on, disregard that.

The 1 long beep is 100% of the time, everytime. I do get an occasional P1544 exhaust error while riding, but no service or warning lights lights at the time of start. Not sure how to tell if my cluster is working properly

With the 4 short, it is immediate, I dont get the 2 short and the machine does not start. I need to continually remove and replace the key until I the 2 short and the machine will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back