2007 RXP price opinions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdogs

Hello, I am new to the forum and to PWCs generally. I live in Southeast wisconsin and am in the market for a good condition, reliable PWC. I have a line on an '07 Sea Doo rxp with 65 hours on it. It appears to be in mint condition with only one or two scratches on the hull bottom. Otherwise it is clean inside and out. A mechanic has just winterized it an says it is in mint condition although has not had the ceramic washers on the supercharger switched out yet. Owner wants $7500 for it including a Karavan trailer that also appears to be in great condition. Owner is willing to split the cost of replacing the ceramic washers on the supercharger. I would appreciate any opinions on this; is it a good/fair deal? Thanks.

Sounded high to me so I looked it up via NADA.

Low retail is $4,990.
Average retail $5,580.
Dealer retail $11,599.

Based on these numbers you are about 2 grand to high. Granted that does not account for the trailer but a single trailer is pretty cheap to buy unless it is something special.

On top of that, the washers will need changed as you mentioned. If you do only the washers you will be opening it back up in 35 hours and paying to rebuild the unit which will be 700-ish depending on what direction you head.

Further, there is an update kit available for your ski that the 09 and higher have. If you get the update kit as well as the newer style kit from Seadoo you can then go 200 hours.

In my opinion, based on the work that MUST be done and or MUST be done soon you are nearly 2 grand to high.

My 09 RXT-X 255 SC direct from a dealer in 2010 was $9,999.00 out the door. Which means no ceramic washers and the shaft update kit was already installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... I would appreciate any opinions on this...

Assuming we're talking about a 215...

If I could drive it...and couldn't hit 8100rpm...especially in this cool season...I'd run away. If I couldn't drive it...I wouldn't buy it....period.

Just for the heck of it, I looked up my 2009 RXT-255 SC.

Low retail is $6,590, yours is $4,990.
Average retail $7,450, yours is $5,580.
Dealer retail $13,699 yours is $11,599.

My point for this comparison is, my 09 is worth 2 grand more than what yours is worth. This plus he is asking to much PLUS you MUST do additional service to it once you buy it financially makes us even.

To be clear, if you buy the one you are looking at you will have as much money in yours as what it would cost to buy mine. So financially we would be equal but I will have a machine two-years newer than yours.

You need to get the machine cheaper or let it go and shoot for a newer one or one that has had the service done to it already.

All that said,,, if you fall in love with it and it is in good shape, money really does not matter. I own a 1998 and a 1999 Polaris skis for 11 years. They were near perfect when I sold them. I NEVER had a mechanical repair other than an oil tank that had a pinhole from rubbing on a bracket. When you have something that is good and you like it,,, the money is not as important.

BTW, 400 hours is not unrealistic for a 4-tech engine, so anything around the 100 hour mark means you have lots of life left assuming it was maintained properly.

i'm actually a little surprised at the figures that Joe gave, i've been watching on and off for quite some time, and those numbers are a tad lower than i'm seeing here in Florida, at least for clean ski's, under 100 hours on singles... seems that 5K is pretty close to rock bottom for an 07, and 5500 to 6K are more common prices asked. And in Florida, we're generally 10% less than everybody else.

so my first thought was that the price, for Wisconsin, wasn't too bad at all. I myself am still getting up to snuff re: update issues and expenses related to that, so that definitely needs to be factored in.

one thing I agree on 100% is that in the end, a few hundred here or there really isn't that important, if a few hundred bothers you, your in the wrong sport.... and i've said this before to others and reminded myself of the same, always try to buy under budget, because if you go over budget and stuff breaks, or things need done, your going to feel the pinch, buy under budget, earmark a few hundred for "issues" and then you won't sweat the first trip to the mechanic, or first order on the parts website....

Happy shopping !

Last edited by a moderator:
I used my zip code in Ohio to get the prices. That could be some of the difference.

Can't agree more, if a few hundred dollars is an issue you probably shouldn't be buying a ski.

If you don't winterize it yourself and you pay for winter storage those tow figures alone are 500 bucks.

oh, never mind... stupid me, I read your posts too quickly and just kind of focused on the "low" part of your price vs average retail.

Based on the average retail, it makes more sense.

Yeah the prices are hard to Say they vary a lot depending on where your at. And How many are for sale. I would sell my 07 RXP for 7500 Id try tro get at least 6800 for mine at the low end.

Also Rebuild the complete S/C!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back