2007 RXP Beeping

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonH

I have a pair of 2007 RXP's non-supercharged. Yesterday while riding I was getting intermittent beeping. Sometimes it would be a single short beep and sometimes a slightly longer beep. I never got any warnings on the instrument cluster, so I'm not sure what would cause it. I did notice it seemed to happen when I was running close to 4500 RPM's plus or minus a couple hunred. Any ideas?

When that happened to me on my rxp the pos battery terminal was loose
I went outside and checked the connections and they're good.

I decided to check the battery system and was getting 12.4 volts when off and it actually dropped to 12.15 while running. Does the alternator kick on immediately or is there a delay? I ran the ski for ~45 seconds and revved it up to 4500RPM and still the 12.15 volts. It also beeped again while doing this.

I forgot to mention that I also checked the fuses in the battery compartment (not sure exactly what they all go to) and they looked good.

I went outside and checked the connections and they're good.

I decided to check the battery system and was getting 12.4 volts when off and it actually dropped to 12.15 while running. Does the alternator kick on immediately or is there a delay? I ran the ski for ~45 seconds and revved it up to 4500RPM and still the 12.15 volts. It also beeped again while doing this.

Sounds like your not charging. The alternator system should begin to charge as soon as its running.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It definitely wasn't charging and the fuses were all good. Luckily I have a pair of skis so I decided to check the charging system on the other ski and it was charging appropriately. I then pulled the voltage regulator from the good ski and installed on the one that wasn't charging and sure enough it's now charging like it should.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It definitely wasn't charging and the fuses were all good. Luckily I have a pair of skis so I decided to check the charging system on the other ski and it was charging appropriately. I then pulled the voltage regulator from the good ski and installed on the one that wasn't charging and sure enough it's now charging like it should.

Bonus having a second ski to try things to confirm the issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back