2007 challenger 180 airbox sensor cables catch on fire!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RotaxJC

Good day fellow seadoo owners, wondering if anyone has had issues with the two connectors to the sensor on top of the black air box beside the battery switch catching on fire, this happened to me this afternoon. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It happened as soon as I started it after being parked for about a week. I have 145 hours on the boat and it's never been in seawater.

Attachments

• IMG_20180810_193554.jpg
    IMG_20180810_193554.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
That is not a sensor, it is a voltage regulator. It's on the airbox to keep it cool. Takes high voltage from the stator and steps it down to a usable level somewhere under 15v. I don't have a solution for you, but I would imagine either a problem with the stator or the voltage rectifier itself went bad. I would probably guess it is the voltage regulator as those do go bad frequently. If you have the shop manual there are tests you can perform to narrow down the cause. Hopefully someone that has more experience with these voltage issues will chime in...

Thanks for your reply and the info, I did figure out when I pulled out the part and Googled the part number, called the dealer and they're asking $240.00 and 4 days to ship it in. However when looking on Amazon they are way cheaper $50 to $150.00, but I have been reading that oem is the way to go with these particular parts. I will post when I pull the trigger and see what comes of it. Thank you!!!

Hope the new rectifier solves your issues, OEM for these is definitely the way to go. After market just does not last that long. Let us know how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back