2006 Sportster 215 hp scic

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello all, just wondering is it usual to having to run the bilge pump after letting the boat sit in the water for an hour ? Is there bolts I should check/tighten every months or so? On a 6 hour day being out on the water, I run my bilge at least 4 times always get a good stream coming out.
Thanks in advance for your help and knowledge
Dutchman

I have a 2008 Speedster 215 hp, I have been out on the water for over 4 hours at a time. I never have to run the bilge except if I'm hitting waves and taking on water. You could have a worn seal somewhere.

Have someone pilot the boat and have a look in the engine area while running it a different rpm levels my bet is the carbon seal on the drive shaft is worn and needs replacing. When mine went I could see a light spray around the drive shaft. It could be the cooling system for the exhaust too but have a look and let us know. [emoji41]

Thanks everyone for your input, took it to the dealer, found out the drain plugs were cracked and missing the rubber.
Thanks again
Dutchman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back