2006 SeaDoo Islandia Se Trailer w/boat tongue weight

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

islandiarookie

Hello SeaDoo lovers,
I have a 2006 SeaDoo Islandia Se Jet Boat which is bad to the bone. I just got a new truck and hitch and have searched my SeaDoo manual and the internet to find out what the tongue weight is on this type of 22' Jet Boat. Does anyone have the answer or know of a link that provides this info so i can purchase the right class II or class III hitch with correct hitch ball?
thanks for your input!!!
Islandiarookie

tongue wt#

The class hitch is determined by the type trailer you have. In general, tongue weight normally doesn't exceed 200 pounds. Normally, you should always be able to lift the tongue. I've balanced my boat on the trailer forward or backward, to provide the proper weight over the axle. Always make sure, when balancing the weight on the trailer, you have at least 100 pounds forward, or the trailer will sway side to side.

Welcome to the seadoo forum islandrarookie. To add to what seadoosnipe said, I'm a Drawtite trailer hitch dealer. I would go with the 2" receiver hitch at a class lll rating. The heavier duty the better. It isn't just about the tongue weight but also the GTWR (Gross Trailer Weight Ratio). In this case the boat + trailer weighs over the 2500# that a class ll hitch is rated for.The bigger class lll that handles 3500# + is the better way to go. Remember to make sure that the receiver has a 2" ball needed for the hitch. The flat four plug will work fine as the seadoo trailers have a extra prong to make the electric brakes work. The flat 4 plug will bypass the extra wire prong not to worry. If you want specifics post the vehicle and I will post the hitch application and MSRP of the hitch price.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back