2006 RXT won't get on plane

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jreg

Last summer I was riding my 2006 Seadoo RXT 4 Tec and all was good until I came to idle speed for a bridge. When I throttled back up all of a sudden it wouldn't go. The engine only turned 5500rpm's and it shook pretty bad. My first thought was something caught in the impeller or bad wear ring. I idled on because all my buddies didn't know I had problems. They came back and I shut it down. I cranked it back up and was going to show them what it was doing and it took off like nothing was wrong. I put it on the lift and saw nothing in the impeller. Next time out it did the same thing. It has lost about 5mph since this all started. I took the pump off yesterday to get a good look and the ring and impeller look fine. I checked the turbo by spinning the fan and it is tight. I have had plug fouls in the past and it doesn't feel like that. Any direction would be appreciated.

Something got into your pump. All it takes is a slightly bent blade to lose 5mph and very difficult to notice without a trained eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back