2006 RXP only hitting 7700RPM and 64 mph on gps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a 2006 RXP 215.
I water tested it on a really rough day so I couldn't push it as hard as I wanted to but thought everything was good.

Took it out on its first real day and got the following items.
7700RPM peak. From my understanding this is low as I shpuld be seeing around 8k. Got only 64 on GPS with just me (215lbs)

It was a hot 92 degree day and humid. Water wasn't exactly clam but not too bad and stayed glued to it.

I also do not know how old the gas is but I added 5 gallons of fresh 93. Was about 6-7 gallons of fuel left in from previous year and of course do not know if it was stabilized.

It has a brand new OEM Impeller and wear ring installed by a dealership. This is stated on the work order and the part number leads to a 10/21. I assume they out the part they stated.

I pretty much just want to make sure this all sounds like it running great. Only thing I'm planning on is spark plugs.

Should I look into it more? Or just toss it up to older fuel and weather conditions?

This is my first 4 stroke so I'm just not sure if anything is actually wrong. Everything feels great just not hitting the rpm and top speed I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back