2006 GTX Error Code Exhaust P1544

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktcarter

Shortly after reaching cruising speed I get a continuous beep with the error code "Exhaust P1544". I have checked all hoses in the exhaust cooling system and all appear to be clear. I have flushed the exhaust cooling system, and I have replaced the exhaust cooling system sensor. I had my local dealer reset the computer and I still get the alarm. What am I missing? Someone mentioned the intake strainer. Could that be the problem or would flushing the system clean it out?

2006 GTX p1544 fault code issue

I have a pair of 2006 GTX's and one of them i'm getting a p1544 fault code. At the end of last season I got this code and took it in and the dealer tested it and said nothing was wrong with it. It got too cold and this past thursday was the first time this season I took them out. Not 1 minute into my ride and a buzzer went of with with the same p1544 exhaust fault code. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong. The dealer wants to water test it! Has anyone experienced this before. If I knew what was wrong I could fix it. I'm at a loss. Help, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron

Overheating

Check and see if water is coming out from the center of the jet pump when flushing the ski. If water is coming out then the intake strainer is clear. If it is OK then I would ride the ski with the seats off and feel the pipe area that the sensor screws into to see if it is actually real hot when the warning comes on. Be careful! If it is actually overheating you might burn yourself. If it's too hot to touch then you still have a restriction.

DAWG

Last edited by a moderator:

Check and see if water is coming out from the center of the jet pump when flushing the ski. If water is coming out then the intake strainer is clear. If it is OK then I would ride the ski with the seats off and feel the pipe area that the sensor screws into to see if it is actually real hot when the warning comes on. Be careful! If it is actually overheating you might burn yourself. If it's too hot to touch then you still have a restriction.

DAWG

Thanks Dennis, I'm pretty sure water is coming out of the jet pump! I'm gonna check that out this afternoon. If it is I'm gonna take it for a ride and check to see if it really is hot. If it's not is it just that sensor? I checked and that sensor runs $66.99 and use Loctite 518. What do u think?

Did the sensor fix your problem? I have an 06 RXT with the same issue. I think it may be the sensor because I don't get the alarm all the time it come and goes. I have ran it and water is coming out of the jet pump so the intake stainer is clear. Thanks for the help.

I fixed it but now have a P0324.

It ended up being the jet pump housing that I found after the dealership tested and said nothing was wrong. It wasn't a bad job changing the pump housing. The code I have now is P0324, which appears to be a knock sensor. It runs great and the code doesn't go off till the RPM gets to about 6000. Any ideas anyone. Is it just the sensor or could it b something else?

Knock Sensor

I have a buddy with a 2007 GTX that just had to replace his knock sensor . Malfunctioning apparently . Good luck

I have a 2004 gtx 185 supercharge and when I run it at 3/4 throttle she would be fine the whole day but when I run it a wot for about a min the seadoo makes a long beep and P1544 code comes on dash and so does exhaust and the temp light but when I slack the throttle back at 3/4 again the code and beep goes away and she’s running fine again what can be the problem

I fixed it but now have a P0324.

It ended up being the jet pump housing that I found after the dealership tested and said nothing was wrong. It wasn't a bad job changing the pump housing. The code I have now is P0324, which appears to be a knock sensor. It runs great and the code doesn't go off till the RPM gets to about 6000. Any ideas anyone. Is it just the sensor or could it b something else?
Was is clogged up cause I’m having he same problem exhaust comes in my dash and the P1544 code comes up please get back to me with some info thanks

Thanks Dennis, I'm pretty sure water is coming out of the jet pump! I'm gonna check that out this afternoon. If it is I'm gonna take it for a ride and check to see if it really is hot. If it's not is it just that sensor? I checked and that sensor runs $66.99 and use Loctite 518. What do u think?
I have a 2004 gtx 185 supercharge and when I run it at 3/4 throttle she would be fine the whole day but when I run it a wot for about a min the seadoo makes a long beep and P1544 code comes on dash and so does exhaust and the temp light but when I slack the throttle back at 3/4 again the code and beep goes away and she’s running fine again what can be the problem

What was done to fix this

Exhaust cooling line can get obstructed. Check the 3 holes in the J-pipe, inlet screen, or corroded exhaust manifold.

Well I pulled the J pipe blew compressed air through the holes. Pulled the screen in the jet pump it was clean. Changed the sensor in the water box (it was black). Ran today with no alarms. So I guess one of those 3 things was the fix. I also back flushed it twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back