2006 GTI SE Bad DESS?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leebert

Hi all,

The problem is very inconsistent so I'll do my best to explain what I've seen. First, with the DESS key removed I can hear what seems to be a motor running, it sounds like the fuel pump. If I leave the battery connected it will drain fairly quickly, again with no key installed. Sometimes the gauges work as designed and I get the 2 beeps when the battery is fully charged and I plug in the key. I starts as well. We took it out this weekend and it ran for 10 minutes and then died. It would start and then immediately die. I was not on it at the time so I can't say if there was an error code or not. My wife (rider) said there was nothing, just the gauges went blank. I have also started it with no key installed but not all the time. The symptoms are very inconsistent.

From my research I suspect the DESS post is bad. Apparently this is a common problem. I have cleaned the post & key and even tried the second key with no difference.

Should I replace the DESS post? Does anyone know the part number and where I should order it?

Thanks for all your help!

LB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back