2006 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ou812

I'm new to the jet boat world and have a question. I purchased a used 2006 Challenger, and gave it the once over after having it out for the first time, and found a loose ring(for lack of better understanding) on the impellor shaft. What is this and how much does it affect the power and speed of the boat? Can the boat still be ran in this condition? Can I fix this or do I need to take it to a dealer? The fastest I have had the boat is 41 MPH. It is 215hp. Shouldn't it go faster? Thanks for your help!:cheers:
This is a great forum, I'm glad I stumbled across it!

welcome to the seadoo forum ou812...ha ha, nice screen name. What kind of rpms is the boat putting out at top speed? is the engine running up the rpms and not going fast? I beleive that is the supercharged model, it should be a lot quicker that just 41mph.
Get back with the information.
Karl

It is the supercharged model. At top speed the rpms show a little over 7000. It didn't seem to be running up the rpms, but it probably was. The only boats I've had have been outboard models, so this is new to me. I've had this boat about a month now. Thanks for the help.

I'm thinking that should run close to 50mph or more...if memory serves me right and should rev close to 7300rpm's too. I'll do some checking on the Challenger 180scic for more facts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back