2006 Challenger Windshield gasket

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xintersecty

Hey has anybody pulled their windshield and replaced the gasket? I want to pull mine off and clean the top part of the console before the season starts. I checked for an assembly kit and it's a bit pricy for a new gasket.

9 204072381 WINDSHIELD ASSEMBLY KIT 1 168.99

So any advice on cleaning the top part of the console with the windshield on the boat?

If I do pull it any gotchas I may discover on the way?

I took my windshield off because the boat didn't fit in my garage with the windshield on... The gasket is just a rubber strip that runs along the length under the windshield. Unless yours is in bad shape like cracked or warped from the sun, I don't think you would need to replace anything. But if you're replacing it, it looks like that assembly kit is the correct option (maybe contact someone from the parts supplier to confirm)

I took my windshield off because the boat didn't fit in my garage with the windshield on... The gasket is just a rubber strip that runs along the length under the windshield. Unless yours is in bad shape like cracked or warped from the sun, I don't think you would need to replace anything. But if you're replacing it, it looks like that assembly kit is the correct option (maybe contact someone from the parts supplier to confirm)

I finally pulled it and was easy. I appreciate you replying to my question. Here is what I learned:
1) Easy to take off
2) Removing the old gasket is a real pain. I used a combination of Orange Goo Gone and the more caustic Goo Gone. The best tool for scraping the glue is wooden Popsicle Sticks. I keep plenty around for mixing glue.
3) Went to ACE hardware and bought a rubber gasket. I bought two 10 foot rolls. Each windshield uses about 7 feet of strip. Follow the old pattern, near the center of the boat the gasket wraps from the bottom towards the rear.
4) I buffed and waxed the dash under the windshield before putting on the weather strips.
5) The new weather strip uses a tyvek looking paper that will keep the gasket from sticking to the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back