2006 challenger electrical problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

btabor25

I just bought a 2006 Challenger and I put it in the water for the first time last weekend and noticed none of my gauges were working. Looking into it more the radio, and all the switches are not working either. So I checked the obvious fuses and they are all working fine. The boat started fine so the starter has power. Anyone have any other suggestions on how I fix this problem?

If there isn't any power up to the healm... Its probably one main power wire that is bad.

Get the wiring diagram... and trace it back to the MPEM. (this is assuming you checked all the fuses)

I did notice that all four lights in the control panel where the engine temp light is come on when the lanyard is connected but shut off within about 2 seconds.
I did order a shop repair manual off of ebay last night. So hopefully i can trace the wiring and find whats wrong.
Any other suggestions are much appreciated!

check over all your connections. It definetly sounds like a connection/ground issue. If you have checked over all the wires coming from and going to the gauges you might have a bad cluster. Rare but possible. I would just trace each wire individually and make sure theres no breaks or sharp bends in it that may have caused a broken wire inside the insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back