2006 Challenger 180 No Beeps or Gauge Lights

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lodonnell

A week ago, when I put the DESS key on, the gauge lights slowly lit up and made the normal beeps and the boat started and ran all day. Now when putting the DESS key on I get no beeps or gauge lights. If I press the Start button 1 I was told I should see gauge lights, or if I press it 5 times it's supposed to go into diag mode. This doesn't happen. If I bridge the solenoid the engine will try to start. I have all of the accessory items such as the running lights, bilge pump, engine bay fan, etc. I tried to bypass the neutral switch, but that didn't work either. I checked the continuity of the DESS and start button and both checked out from what I read. All the fuses check out ok as well. I'm really scratching my head and hope someone has a suggestion for me.

Here is an update. If I turn the power switch on and then attach the DESS key I get nothing. If I attach the DESS key and then turn the power switch on, I get one beep followed shortly after by 4 beeps even though I have the neutral switch bypassed. As I was checking the voltage and cables I was able to get it to do 2 beeps followed shortly after by 3 and was able to start it twice. I forgot to write down the voltages, but I was seeing anywhere between 11.9 and 14.5 volts on the DESS key, start and neutral switch. Bad regulator maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back