2005 Speedster - Electrical KerBlam

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal-Lake

Just dunked - at dusk. Started like a champ - however, no gauges, no radio, no lights, no vent, pump or fan.

As the light was going fast - I got to the dock and tied up for the night - so first thing in the morning I am going to check the fuses under the pop up bucket.

To prevent Mr. Murphy's law from hitting me, I thought I would check with ya'll on other fuse locations i.e., engine compartment etc.

I am hoping the powerwasher spray hit the fuses chasing some of the crud out of the ski compartment as it was just plain extra slimy down there.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

Happy Summer Time.

Fuse's all good - Next ?

Pulled all the fuses and they were solid. Swapped two with spare's to make "anal-sure" and nada.

I can see where their is a seam for water to get up in their so next powerwashing the floor I will be extra careful.

I have it airing out right now as it was damp in the compartment - figure that is safer than using hair dryer to force moisture into even more places. Boat started right up.

Figure next is to borrow neighbor's meter when he gets up and see if there is juice to the fuse block.

There are two plugs next to the fuse panel - they look like they are sealed tight -- any merit in un-pluging them? Not sure if they they have special clips etc.

Again, any and all idea's are welcome.

Cheers,

K

Trick or secret to pulling tab's on fuse plug's?

There are three plug in's next to the fuse cover - two circular plugs with green clips and a large black plastic one next to those - the black one looks sort of like an RS232 plug - not sure if I just pull hard on the black one to remove it so I can use Q-tip in their or if its snaps and swings open.

Also - any tricks on pulling the round circular ones? I had to damage them so I thought I would ask. I am running a small fan on the panel after using Q-tip round the fuses. I also pulled and checked them.

Give me mechanical over electrical any day.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Problem Solved - Electrical line problem

took advise and towed into dealer - used computer to track bad line in hull. Dealer who was cool - told me no way to sort this out without computer to lend a hand.

Thanks for the hand - now I am tracking down my my gauges seem to work on Monday's but not other days.

Thanks again.

Duetsch Fittings

The big plastic plugs are Deutsch fittings, there is a special tool to take them apart. But here is no reason to.

I power washed my 95 back in 95 and saw right away the tremendous amount of overspray that got into everything, so I don't do that any more. I go in with Simple Green and lots of paper towels, occasionally a Shop Vac to suck up oily water. Works fine. No problems in 13 years knock on wood.

Use Mr.Clean magic erasers and a bucket of warm water and a old towel to clean the floor of the boat, It will shine like new......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back