2005 Sea Doo RXT 215 problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly.... it almost sounds like your supercharger gave way usually when the supercharger drops a washer itll take flywheel teeth and everything else in its path...

how many hours are on the ski?

86 hours. Supercharger is new with upgraded washers

JC,

Can you give us a bit more info.

Now that new flywheel,trigger wheel and oil pump are in ... When it cranks does it try to start? Any new codes? All of the work that was just performed wouldn't need to remove any parts that have to do with timing. What is causing you to think the cylinder head is out of time?

JC,

Can you give us a bit more info.

Now that new flywheel,trigger wheel and oil pump are in ... When it cranks does it try to start? Any new codes? All of the work that was just performed wouldn't need to remove any parts that have to do with timing. What is causing you to think the cylinder head is out of time?

No new codes from what mechanic says. Still throwing the crankshaft sensor code. And only reason I say I think it is out of timing is because I work at a car dealership. Ive worked on trucks and what not my whole life. And from what it sounds like that's what it sounds like. I know there is more than likely a lot of differences between a v8 and one of these rotax engines though. Just trying to throw some ideas out to what could possibly be wrong.

K, crankshaft sensor code?? Sorry I must have missed this post. The 4tec will just not start with any crankshaft sensor codes. On this model the CPS sensor is actually inside the Magneto Housing cover right by the trigger wheel. I'm starting to think that whatver damaged your flywheel and trigger wheel probably damaged your crankshaft position sensor.

K, crankshaft sensor code?? Sorry I must have missed this post. The 4tec will just not start with any crankshaft sensor codes. On this model the CPS sensor is actually inside the Magneto Housing cover right by the trigger wheel. I'm starting to think that whatver damaged your flywheel and trigger wheel probably damaged your crankshaft position sensor.

Well he checked all that stuff out. What he is thinking is that maybe the starter engaged trying to crank the engine while it was still running then breaking teeth off the flywheel and damaging everything around it.

Just an FYI,

If this was my engine it would be coming out of the ski, brought to the bench and completely dissassembled, there are several tiny jackets in the oiling system on these things. The smallest fragment would easily plug these jackets and cause all kinds of oil starvation which could lead to camshaft siezing etc etc.

I can certainly understand that the CPS was checked out. But that boat will not likely start until this CPS error is dealt with.

Just an FYI,

If this was my engine it would be coming out of the ski, brought to the bench and completely dissassembled, there are several tiny jackets in the oiling system on these things. The smallest fragment would easily plug these jackets and cause all kinds of oil starvation which could lead to camshaft siezing etc etc.

I can certainly understand that the CPS was checked out. But that boat will not likely start until this CPS error is dealt with.

If I was working on it myself (starting to wish I would have) it would have been fully dissembled and gone through. But I took it to a dealer hoping for a fast turn around. Not looking promising though.

So the tech at the dealership has an active cps fault and he thinks the problem is something else???

So the tech at the dealership has an active cps fault and he thinks the problem is something else???

That's what he says. Apparently there were two guys working on it, One called in sick and other put it all together. Hes hoping the main mechanic can come in in the morning and find the problem and fix it. Tech said he is hoping it is something simple he may have over looked.

Go get your ski, get a decent multimeter a decent socket set, decent set of box end wrenches and a set of e-torx/torx bits and fix it yourself.

JMO

Go get your ski, get a decent multimeter a decent socket set, decent set of box end wrenches and a set of e-torx/torx bits and fix it yourself.

JMO

Got all the tools in the world. No idea how to use a multimeter though. And what do you think could be the problem to use a multimeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back