2005 Sea Doo GTX - 155 MPEM Issue Part # 278002043

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from what I am learning about them, I do not think that is the case. I think individual things inside start breaking and then you have to replace the whole thing. But that is just from what I know others might chime in. Download the manual ad test both sensors to be sure though mine tested out fine but gonna try a new MPEM to see what it does!
Thanks for the input Gareit13. I too would be interested in hearing what others opinions are.

There is a company that sells used MPEM or can possible repair the MPEM. Just google seadoo MPEM repair. I have the same issue with an 05 RXP. I have found a new one for $600 but unwilling to drop the $ for a fuel gauge issue only. Yes I have been told to always unhook battery when trickle charging and have done so but still have that issue. I have not used this company so I am not sure about the service.

$573 for a new one here Can-Am 278002043 - Best Price on Can-Am MODULE PROGRAM.*PROGRAM. MODULE Parts at BikeBandit.com
that ship has sailed... they're just resellers

Wow!!!,,incredible stuff,,,damn battery tender!!!
The fact that Sea-Doo no longer supports the mpem's is a disgrace. I bought my GTX from my daughters in laws, had I known about the mpem and no parts issue I would have run away. When it dies it WON'T be replaced with another "Sea-Poo"!

Did you ever find an online source for this part? Our MPEM went bad (2005) and I would be fine with the fuel guage being shot but now the durn thing will not stay turned over. The mechanic says we need a new MPEM and they are not really easy to find.

You wont find a new one at all. Have searched for last 2 years. Your best bet if finding a good used one that someone has tested and is guaranteed. Through reading, studying and talking to people make sure when you put your battery on a trickle charge do not leave them hooked up. This can cause problems with the MPEM. look for $700 and up to replace it

Ill be selling the one I bought in a little, while I can post the eBay link when I do. Ill just be looking to get what I paid for it. But weird thing is when I changed the fuel injector that was bad the error message went a way for the fuel level sensor! It came back on once while in the water but restarted it and it went away. I might try to put the sensor back in there as for right now I just had the resistor in place! No clue how the issues would be connected at all.

Finishing up my part of the thread. Several folks suggested Westside Power Sports. I called, left a message, and got a call right back. Super friendly person, who laughed when I told him what I needed. His comment was "You will not like my price, but I will guarantee that it works.". He was correct, I did not like the price. But, it shipped right away and fixed all the electronic issues with the ski. So, I will give them a +1 for being good business folks and true to their word for the products they have.

Reactions: edg
I just wanted to drop a huge thank you to gmanhdtv for thinking of adding a gauge and tricking the MPEM on fuel level. My new-to-me 2005 Wake 155 had the dreaded mpem internal failure and after researching this problem while contemplating the purchase I found this thread and decided to give it a go. Turns out it was easy and fun to fix. And no more insane beeping about fuel level either!

O, and like mentioned in Gmanhdtv's post, the sea Doo sender is backwards when compared with the cheap GM style fuel gauges. I didn't bother with his fix, I just got creative with what the gauge says :thumbs-up:

Thanks again! PXL_20220701_051033365.jpg

PXL_20220701_051018558.jpg

PXL_20220701_051037731.jpg

Last edited:
Through reading, studying and talking to people make sure when you put your battery on a trickle charge do not leave them hooked up. This can cause problems with the MPEM.
find it hard to believe that trickle charging would cause an issue. i've had a 97 gsx since i bought it new and charged with various battery tenders during the 25 years and not had a single issue. i never keep it connected 24x7 but unplug it the next day and charge it weekly. suspect it has more to do with electrical surges that happens to come through when its constantly connected rather than the trickle charging itself. a good surge protector with low clamping voltage in the 330v range would likely solve this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back