2005 RXT Fuel Pump?????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tphoodpack

Took jet ski out and ran fine for about an hour. No beeps or faults on screen, but began to only run at idle. Towed it to the beach and took a break. Cranked up and ran great. Loaded daughter back on and took off, dropped back to idle (limp Mode?).

I inherited the jet ski as it was my mom's and she passed. It had sat for years. I drained all the gas and put new battery. Seemed to run great. Then I took it out and above was what happened. I really can't afford to go on a fishing expedition with a shop.

After 3 weeks at the first shop that said he could get to it the next day. He found no codes and said it could be a short somewhere.
After 2 weeks at the Sea Doo Dealer, I called them and they told me it needed a new $680 fuel pump plus labor but had no codes. I have since ordered the part not the full assembly $79. I will be picking up the seadoo today. Is there anything I should ask? Does this sound like the problem? Sea Doo dealership said he was 99% sure that it was the pump as it was losing pressure. Is there any chance that it he fuel pump is just stopped up with debris or old gas. These forums are the best. I have almost entirely rebuilt a Jeep on the Jeep Forum site. Thank you in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back