2005 rxp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dclizzy28

Rxp goes for a few minutes perfectly then loses all power, idles rough, then shuts off. The longer I wait to start it the longer it'll run before doing it again. As soon as I start it I have to aggressively catch some air and blow it out basically for it to continue to run. I basically have to hit jumps to keep it going... seems like it needs air somehow. Any ideas??

How about on the trailer, starts and runs normally? No warnings or info center faults? Could be the bearings in the jet pump are seizing but that's a little of a stretch b/c I'd expect it's rapidly getting worse.

I've taken it out 4 times after making adjustments. The only time it ran perfect, the water was extremely choppy so it was getting air and ran excellent. In the calm water it dies.

Yes, if it gets some air underneath that's airating the impeller, removing load on the engine briefly so it can rev if I understand correctly.

Then if you start off slowly increasing speed, it won't cooperate.

No screeching sounds, clunking or anything like that?

It's rough though, so would you say it's misfiring?

Yes, if it gets some air underneath that's airating the impeller, removing load on the engine briefly so it can rev if I understand correctly.

Then if you start off slowly increasing speed, it won't cooperate.

No screeching sounds, clunking or anything like that?

It's rough though, so would you say it's misfiring?
It only idles rough right b4 it dies. When I first start out it's very smooth and runs perfect. No screeching or clunking. I could be driving fast and lose all power to a rough 5 second idle before it dies.

I'm beginning to wonder if you have a bad ignition coil. Although I thought the 4-tec would throw a misfire fault, others have gone round and round with similar symptoms I believe and finally end up replacing the coils. They discovered what appeared to be minor corrosion by my recollection..

I'm beginning to wonder if you have a bad ignition coil. Although I thought the 4-tec would throw a misfire fault, others have gone round and round with similar symptoms I believe and finally end up replacing the coils. They discovered what appeared to be minor corrosion by my recollection..
Ok thank you!

In this thread, his issue turned out to be a fuel injector. I've also seen a 4-tec that had an injector stick open and flood the cylinder full of fuel That was easy to figure out but it was so full of fuel he couldn't get it going so he brought it to my place and it took a while but finally got the excess fuel cleared out. The intake manifold was full of fuel.

There's a third report of no-start with no spark, discovered a fuel injector was the issue.

Ignition Coil Problem?

Last edited:
If you have water in the tank, the water will be at the bottom of the tank. Sitting in water the boat will be at it's most level spot and the water will be as close to the fuel pickup as it's going to be. I would think that's when it would run crappy.

But as you take off and catch air and sport around d the water moves around and lets fuel get into the pickup...that's when it will run best.

It's something worth ruling out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back