2005 RXP LIMP MODE ISSUE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZippTie

My 2005 rxp sc ran great before my daughter sucked up rocks. Then all hell broke loose.

Ski will not go over 5700 rpm. Here is what I have done.
New Supercharger.
New Pump, wear ring and prop.
New Voltage regulator.
New Plugs.
New Oil.
New Coils.
New Fuel.
New fuel filters.
Cleaned all injectors.

Here is what I got in return. My ski ran awesome. Speeds were back to normal or at least they were for a bit.

I noticed that the fuel gauge was stuck at half tank. This was an error I made when reassembling the pump in the pump housing. Regardless of the float being stuck in the half full position, it ran great. Until it didn't. I let my daughter take the controls and run it in the lake she came back and said I thought you fixed the speed issue. ti appears that after running the ski was restarted it went back into limp mode. Later I got an error message for low fuel and a sensor alarm. I assume it was related to the float issue but I was not able to work on it as I was out of town. Any thoughts? I am thinking that the fuel pump might be bad.

Fix your float! You can test pump pressure but these stupid things will go into limp for the dumbest reasons and you already know you have a fault. Fix that fault first then go from there.

Yes. I repaired the float and will take it out for a test run in a couple days. I will let you know if this was the only issue.

From your service manual ... in order those are Coolant Temp Sensor, Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor, Oil Pressure Sensor, Oil Separator Pressure Sensor, and Tip-Over Protection System. Low fuel is one alarm; "sensor" is a separate fault that probably points to why you are going into the limp-home mode. Press set 5 times and tell us what codes appear on the information center.

1532769610275.png

I replaced the fuel pump and corrected the float issue. It runs better than it ever has. So this issue has been resolved by the fuel pump. Although, it read properly with the float issue corrected the pump change out was the key to making it run like new.

From your service manual ... in order those are Coolant Temp Sensor, Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor, Oil Pressure Sensor, Oil Separator Pressure Sensor, and Tip-Over Protection System. Low fuel is one alarm; "sensor" is a separate fault that probably points to why you are going into the limp-home mode. Press set 5 times and tell us what codes appear on the information center.

View attachment 36931
Thanks for the information. This problem was directly related to the fuel pump not keeping up with the demand put on the Seadoo. It now runs like a champ. However, I will keep note of the information you provided. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back