2005 GTX 4TEX standard ECM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

garths

I am a first time owner of a seadoo. It appeared to be in amazing shape but won’t stay running. The shop said they did what they could but had to stop. Said it needs an ECM and also had “moisture in the oil.” Shop indicated they won’t do much more due to the age of the 2005.

I’m needing some guidance from experience on what my next steps should be.

The part number is 278002043. I look it up and it says it includes parts 1 - 9. Advice and knowledge shared is appreciated. It was a birthday gift for my wife. Her gift this year would be to get it running.

That part number you listed is for the MPEM, not the ECM.

What exactly does "won't stay running" mean? 2 seconds, 10 minutes? What codes is it giving? You have to press set 5 times, then mode to get all codes.

Thanks for the response and question. When I last ran it and checked the code I got the following code: p-0231

The machine will run for about 2-3 minutes before shutting down.

As of a week ago, the part number (278002043) mentioned earlier is what the repair shop said is needed. Over the phone it sounded like they said ECM, maybe I misheard. Of course they also mentioned a little moisture in the oil.

The previous owner had down the following: new battery, starter, solenoid, fuel pump. 160 hours is logged on the machine.

I would monitor the power going into the fuel pump to see if it drops out when the engine speed starts to drop. I am sure once it stops it will automatically shut the pump down.

Download the Seadoo 4-tech shop manual online to read more.

1658111148072.png

I have the manual. The previous owner mentioned something about being a couple pounds of pressure beloe the fuel pump recommendations. I will check into it further.

Do you think the shops statement of what needs replaced has an impact on what you are referencing?

I do see the ECM reference in the image you provided. I wonder if the MPEM you mentioned and the ECM are tied into the same parts?

If so, I am trying to locate the part and would be willing to replace and expire further.

MPEM and ECU(ECM) are not related nor tied together in any parts diagrams, completely separate and do separate functions. You'll find the ECU on top of the intake manifold which is the same on the diagrams.

I think your shop doesn't really know what they are doing and they don't have the experience to properly diagnose the problem.

I've seen that code before where it does what you describe and usually is ECU failure and not repairable, not MPEM, so requires new ECU. You should check all contacts and terminal connections on the circuit but my experience has been it needs a new ECU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back