2005 GTI LE RFI no crank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DoubleD

Premium Member
Premium Member
Had the ski hooked up to view active codes and it is showing active faults for the fuel pump and start solenoid. Solenoid was just replaced and still only getting a long beep when putting key on post and won't crank. Has anyone had this issue before? Would the fuel pump prevent it from cranking?

Is this machine new to you? Has it ever cranked over since you’ve owned it? I’m pretty sure 1 long beep means it’s not recognizing the key for it

Just got the ski. Was told it's the same key they have always used. Have not got it to crank at all since I picked it up.

I’m sure it’s not recognizing the key, perhaps you were given the wrong key or other issues with the dess post. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows. I will search around on the internet and forum later and post back if I find anything.

And the fuel pump would not stop it from cranking
My apologies, perhaps the fuel pump could stop it from cranking, I was thinking of a carbureted model. Are there any codes showing on the vehicle information center? Roughly how long does the beep last? You could try visually inspecting the pins on the ECM for corrosion or damage, check the fuses, especially fuse F2.

I'm not seeing anything on the info center but I took it to the local shop and they said it had 2 active codes for the fuel pump and start relay. I will check out the pins in the harness tomorrow. I checked the fuses already and they were all good. I will pay more attention to the beep and let you know as well. Thanks for the help.

Update - when I put the key on the post there are two short beeps and then a 2 second long beep, then a pause for a few seconds and then another 2 second long beep. All the fuses are good and I checked all the connections to the VCM and ECM and they look good.

I apologize for the confusion. I believe I was mistaken. The long beep does come after the two short beeps and pretty sure it was long that all along.

No worries, hopefully someone comes on that can help you out, I was quite sure that 1 long beep when putting the key on was a lack of communication between the MPEM and the key so I replied but I don’t know what the 2 beeps and then the long beep means. I see you are a premium member, have you had a look through the manual? I will browse around myself this evening, if I find any info I will post back. Good luck and don’t give up, you will get it figured out, there are many very knowledgeable members in the forum who will be able to help.

I took the VCM connector back off to inspect again and when I actually split the connector apart to look at the pins I saw that number 11 was completely rusted off. Any idea where I can get a new pin to crimp on this wire?

So I repaired the harness and hooked everything back up and having the same problem. Wondering if the VCM/ECM is bad. Is there a way to test them?

Back