2004 Speedster200 - Fuel Gauge replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christo26

I have a fuel gauge that is stuck just below half when power is on or off. Removed and it remains stuck. Tested my sending unit and it functions fine.
Been trying to find a replacement gauge with no luck.
Question...does anyone know of a replacement gauge that will work? Has anyone changed theirs out with a different gauge?
Interested to hear any options anyone can give me.
Thanks everyone.

I have a fuel gauge that is stuck just below half when power is on or off. Removed and it remains stuck. Tested my sending unit and it functions fine.
Been trying to find a replacement gauge with no luck.
Question...does anyone know of a replacement gauge that will work? Has anyone changed theirs out with a different gauge?
Interested to hear any options anyone can give me.
Thanks everyone.

This guy had some luck getting the needle in his tachometer free with some spray lube. Are there any holes in your fuel gauge you can spray something into to free up the needle? link below.

2004 speedster 200 Tach stuck

This guy had some luck getting the needle in his tachometer free with some spray lube. Are there any holes in your fuel gauge you can spray something into to free up the needle? link below.

Thanks for the info. I pulled the gauge and see no holes on the back or front to spray lube in. Seems like a sealed unit as there doesn't seem to be any screws to open it up. Would be great to open it up and break the needle free as that is probably the cause.
Has anyone had success opening up their fuel gauges to repair it? Is there a hidden way of opening these?

I am making some progress here. Decided to pull the gauge and see what I can do.
Started unscrewing the rear mounting post bolts and it actually also loosened the inner gauge. Tried unscrewing the front glass as I thought maybe it was a twist off connection. It didn't budge so didn't want to force it and break anything.
With the inner gauge parts loose from loosening the back mounting bolts...I decided it is time to knock the gauge around a little...LOL...might just get lucky.
After knocking it a little I noticed the needle move more and more. Got it to move all the way to E and also all the way to F.
Got it back in and tested....on power up it moved from E to 3/4. Checked tank and tested sender and it was close. Powered down and it still seemed stuck a little. Knocked it around a little more(just to be sure)….tested again and it seems to be moving freely now. This is great. Still want to explore this a little more and see if there is any way to lubricate the needle part to ensure it remains moving freely from this point onwards. Hope I get lucky and find a way.

I wish I knew the layout of the components in the fuel gauge so I know exactly how to approach lubricating the needle indicator.
The gauge is 2.5" long (or deep depending on how you look at it). My dilemma is that I don't think just drilling a hole in the back and spraying into it will necessarily get to the part that needs to be lubricated. Knowing the layout inside would definitely let us know the best place to drill a hole whether it is at back or even on the sides. Now that it is working I am reluctant to just drill a hole and spray into it and hope for the best...LOL...Its been a while without a gauge so with it working I'm pretty stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back