2004 seadoo gtx supercharged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinclairgirl19

we are looking at buying a pair of 2004 gtx next week, what should we look for, 1 owner 140 hours roughly each they look to be pretty nice they are supercharged

These early supercharged skis had a couple of issues:

1. supercharger - needs to be rebuilt every 100hrs. If you don't know if it's been rebuilt then it needs it. ~$1000 at a dealer.
2. Exhaust valves - hollow exhaust valve a tendency to break, ruining the engine! These were changed to solid valves in 2006. Cost to replace at a dealer is more than the ski is worth.

Get a 2008 or later.

Opinions, there's a saying about them. I bought a 2005 RTX mid summer last year with 250 hours on it. We ran the ass off it till cool weather. I'm now in the process of replacing carbon ring, rebuilding impeller, and supercharger rebuild. Doing those things myself. If I get one, maybe two more seasons out of it without major issues I'll be out far less than depreciation on a new machine.
So, if you're buying two 04 for what you'd pay for one 08 or later, especially with what's really pretty low hours for that year machine, GO FOR IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back