2004 Rotax 4 tec sportster 150 not charging. Battery light is on.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morichesbaybum

I just purchased a 2004 Sea Doo sportster with the Rotax 4tec. I took it out for a spin and 5 minutes into the ride the battery light came on. I am in the electrical field and I checked the voltage with the engine running and with the engine off and the voltage is the same (11.8). I there a magnito? Is there anything to check before I start ordering parts? Thanks for any help or advise you can offer.

I think there is a 15 amp fuse on that boat. Open the rear electrical box and check it out. But chances are... you need a regulator/rectifier unit.

I checked the fuses yesterday with a power probe. All is good. The more I read, the more educated I am getting. It seems that there are alot of people replacing the rectifier. I will pick one up today and hope for the best. If thats not it, what else can it be?

Rectifier plug is melted!!!

I removed tape from the plug... Its melted and the pins in the connector are black. Is the stator over charging? Or is this a common rectifier problem. How can I test the output of the stator and what voltage should it read?

I bought the new rectifier and I dont want to burn it out with a defective stator. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back