2004 gtx 4 tec supercharged worth buying for 5k?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

duesmandella

So i just picked up a 2001 gtx and i love it, of course I'm sick of sharing it now with my gf
So i came across a 2004 gtx supercharged with 85 hours on it that comes with a double trailer which is perfect as now I would have two

Is this worth the price, from the outside it looks good
What are the problems associated with these?
Lots of maintenance?
Please give me the skinny before I go look at it further

The supercharger will give you the most problems... ask him if he replaced the washers with RIVA ones, if not youll need to... but sence it has that many hours on it assuming it was ran with the stock washers, id just rebuilt the entire supercharger.... its recommended to rebuild it every 100 hours:ack:

Every hundred hours it needs to be rebuilt? man it seems like everything on these ski's are fragile to say the least
How hard is it to rebuild that? are there any other frequent problems with these?

Ive only heard of washers giving the SC problems. But i do not own a SC ski so I have not done much research.. I'd buy it then get an additional gf.:reddevil:

I would ask to take it out, see how it runs, see if it hits hard on the "whole shot", check the top speed, handling ect. Ask the owner what type of oil has been used in it, if there have been any issues with the supercharger, ect. If he wont let you take it out, then i wouldnt go any further. Make note of the max RPMs you hit, and if you have a GPS, make note of the speed.

You will need to rebuild all supercharged models at/around 100 hours, but that pure power on the whole shot makes the dance worth it. You may beable to drive that price down because of the pending expense of the SC rebuild.

Sounds like a good deal, just check it over and i think you will be fine.

Any other opinions on what to watch for? I too am considering purchasing an '04 GTX S/C 4 tec with 54 hrs on it (fresh water use). By replacing the washer with the RIVA ones what is this accomplishing? Are the supercharged GTX reliable? Any owners out there that can give use your reviews? Also, what are the symptoms of a supercharger issue(s).
Thanks
FYI~ Asking price is $4,400, good deal???

Last edited by a moderator:
gerneally supercharger issues are spotted by the engine not hitting full RPM, or surging when at WOT. The riva washer is a good idea in that model year, a little prevention will save you a lot in repairs :)

gerneally supercharger issues are spotted by the engine not hitting full RPM, or surging when at WOT. The riva washer is a good idea in that model year, a little prevention will save you a lot in repairs :)

What is full RPM on this ski ? Are the riva washers something I can install/replace and where can you find them. What makes the riva washers different then the stock washers. Thanks

Links to riva parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know what full RPM are on that particular model and year, but from what i have heard, when the washer goes bad(if it doesnt blow the engine) you will drop down to around 5500-6500 rpm. You can replace the washer, though it would be a good idea to get a manual, i heard the ones in the premium member section are
great, but havent used them myself. The Riva washers are metal, where the stock ones are ceramic, and with the wrong oil can slip. They are also prone to breaking apart. I dont know the website off the top of my head, but there are a few posts here that have it. At work atm so i dont really have time to dig for it. Will check when i get home tonight, if you havent found it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back