2004 GTI 700 has no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biker Doug

I have switched the coil , computer , as i have 2 , checked all the connectors , run a DVA on the coil power wire , getting intermittent power and spark , some times no spark , am wondering if there is a kill curcuit , or a common electrical problem with these things . my next step is to switch the start/stop button . anyone have any advice .

wire...

Have you gone through all your wire connectors? Are you riding in a lot of salt water?

You can do advanced tests on your mpem by using the start/stop button. When you say intermittent spark, in which way is it intermittent. Do you get spark sometime and then, for no reason, find you have no spark at all?

There is very few of the GTI's ever reported to having any kind of problems, much less like yours. The GTI is a very reliable ski.

Lets look at a couple things. You must mentioned the start/stop switch. This could not have any affect because it's sole purpose is to spin the motor over.

The Lanyard and post would keep it from spark, but it would also keep it from spinning the motor over.

The MPEM is what signals the coil for spark. I'm at work and without a shop manual but in many of these skis, the mpem is what is in control to step up the power in your primary and secondary windings in the coil.

You said you've changed out the MPEM's and coils, same problems.

Is there anything unusual? Any wires that are loose that don't seem to have a home?

Have you had it running recently? If so, were you able to test the charging circuit output at the battery? In most cases, the magneto builds a high voltage AC current that is sent to the rectifier to convert the charge to DC and the regulator steps it down to about 14 volts. But, some of that charge is re-directed to the ignition coil.......

Since you've been troubleshooting with spare equipment, I think you should be looking at yoru wiring.........:cheers:

2004 700 gti

Thanx for the input , The seadoo was running great this summer , but just quit and would start now and then but would not stay running , i was wondering if there is a kill circuit for over heating , i noticed the temp wire was pulled out of the connecter , pushed it back in but don,t know if it is making contact .

gti 700???
is this boat a rfi model?
if so pull crank sensor from front magneto cover
pull plugs and rotate engine around by hand
inspect the teeth on the flywheel
look for debris or bent teeth
and as snipe stated, pull any and all electric connections
look for corrosion, this is step one in any electric diag
connections connections connections
good luck'mud

Status
Not open for further replies.