2003 Utopia Pilot seat height

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

firedude411

Ok, I am sure it is me, does anybody else need about six inches of height added to their seat? I am actually a pretty tall guy about 6'2" but find myself sitting on top of the seat or on my foot to get a decent height to see the water in front of the boat. I am in treasure coast area of Florida(north of Palm Beach) and inter-coastal waters and areas sometimes have hidden sand bars or major weed patches that I would like to avoid. I guess I could find a new pedestal, but was curious if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,
We just had our maiden voyage on our newly purchased '01 Utopia 185 this weekend and I have to agree with your verdict (even though I top out at only 5"4"). I wound up on my knees or on my foot. That being said, even on my knees, the seats were very comfy.:)

same here. im 6'4" and i have to basically stand up to see over the windshield. i usally put the Type 4 PFD on the seat to give me a boost but usually i lean up. they should bring that seat up!

Same with my 2003. I really wish the captain's chair had a fold up bottom cushion for more height like some of the other ski boats (Crownline) offer. That would be perfect. I am going to have to start collecting phone books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back