2003 Sportster 4-Tec No beeps when DESS on post

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTrevino

Hi Everyone, first post here. I recently bought a 2003 SeaDoo Sportster that needed some work. When I got it I will get no beeps when the DESS what place on the post. After getting a new battery and replacing some fuses I finally got 2 Beeps. Great!!. I knew that the fuel pump needed to be replace so I did. I've installed a new pump(same pump assembly), new wear ring and Steering cable. When installing the steering cable I had to disconnect some of the cables from frontal fuse box(under the console; MPEM I assume) to make some room.

After I finished installing I plugged everything back I do not get any Beeps when DESS is inserted. I have spent many hours trying to find the reason why. I have cleaned all ground cables(that I know), unplugged and plugged back all cables and cleaned all contact points. Still nothing. I have tested the DESS post (following instructions in another site) and seems okay(I have ordered a replacement just in case). Checked and replace good fuses. I have also tested the neutral switch and rechecked the fuel pump. All know fuse are good.

One thing I did noticed is that on the frontal fuse box or DESS if I take out one fuse I do get 12v on one side of the fuse; there is another fuse box in the engine compartment on which I have zero volts in the fuses. Now, I do not know if this get energized once the computer accepts the DESS key. Not sure. Any help is highly appreciated.

I've got a 2008 RXT 215 that has no beeps. Battery replaced. Starter turns when I jump off the relay.

I just replaced the engine. Is there a chance I'm missing a ground somewhere?

Hi everyone, I ended up buying a used Mpem.. and problem solved. Started right away. I guess it was my mistake. I believe that when I unplugged the MPEM to make room for the new steering cable, the MPEM was energized which may cause something to burn. Not sure. Anyway, lesson learned; always unplug battery before any type of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back