2003 Speedster hole in engine bay floor question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnviL Man

My last day on the water I was looking in the engine bay at my fuel tank to check the level because my gauge doesn't work and I happen to notice water coming out of a hole on the floor area. I do not recall the hole being there previously and I was a little alarmed to see water pouring out of it into the engine bay. If you look at the picture you can see next to it is a bolt passing through the floor from underneath with some type of putty around it. Also, the same putty is around the two bolts from the drain plug assembly piece. I'm assuming it's some type of waterproof putty that seals the bolts in place. I don't recall that hole being there before and I certainly never saw water coming out of it. Any idea how water could be coming out of it? Is there supposed to be putty over that hole? Should there be a hole there at all? There are no gaping holes on the bottom of the boat, just some scuff spots. This is on the starboard side of the engine bay. If it's worth mentioning while I was witnessing the water coming out of the hole someone happen to be sitting on the back of the boat, the person was rather large friend and the boat was slightly tilted towards the back from him sitting there, don't know if had anything to do with the water pouring out like that or not.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 22
  • thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 20
I have the same hole but have not seen water coming through it, you could fill the bilige area with water see if there if there is a leak.

Same as above...

I've seen that hole in a bunch of Seadoo boats. There shouldn't be water coming out of it... but if there is... check the bottom for a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back