2003 Sea Doo Utopia 205 Bilge filling with water.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho

Hi,
First Time posting if I'm in the wrong spot please let me know.
Purchased 2003 Utopia 205 last year and ran great till the end of the summer when my alternator belt shredded and I lost all power and boat was beeping and finally towed in. So I put away for the season.
First run this year (with charged batteries and new alternator belt installed) I was out for about 40 minutes testing the boat out for the season and as I was heading back to the launch I lost most of my power. At full throttle I was only going about 1/4 speed. Made it to the launch and pulled the boat out of the water and discovered I had a significant amount of water in the bilge. So my 2 questions are:
1. Why did I lose power ( I'm assuming it was because the amount of water in the bilge)?
2. How did I get water in my bilge? (Both drain plugs were in tight)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have the same boat and experienced the same problem yesterday. Didnt lose as much power but did lose noticable power. Once loaded on trailer it drained water like a broken water line for WAY longer than normal. If anyone knows why please respond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back