2003 Sea Doo Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

s-house

I just bought a 2003 Sea Doo Islandia with 4 hours on the original Mercury engine (serviced yearly) and have a couple questions. What does the 2nd negative wire on the battery run? I noticed mine was not connected last night while inspecting the engine. Also, I can't get the potable water to pump. It doesn't sound as if the pump turns on and I'm not sure if it's a fuse issue or could it be the battery wire not connected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome.

The second ground should just go somewhere on the engine or alternator. (assuming you have the newer engine) Speaking of that... is the plastic cover on the top of the engine, round, and only coving the flywheel... or is it more rectangle shape?

The fresh water pump is common failure point. Eventually water gets into the motor, and it rots. You can get the stock pump at any boat shop. (FlowJet makes it) BUT... it's about $200. BUT.... if you look around, they show up in surplus shops. I've found them for $20 at electronics goldmine. (but they seem to be out of stock)

More of rectangle shape. The gas gauge shows empty at idle speed but, when I give it throttle and get on plane it shows a more accurate level. Is this normal for this, or any jet boat, and how can I tell how much fuel I really have?

The boat sits at different attitudes when parked, or on step. SO... it will show different amounts of fuel. BUT, it shouldn't be going from empty to full. (or even half)

You may want to pull the sender, and make sure both magnets are in the float.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back