2003 Islandia shift lever problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
2003 Islandia, 250 Opti: we were out yesterday and the boat was running like a champ. After we stopped for lunch and I went to put it in Reverse I couldn’t move the shift lever. Made sure the throttle was all the way down-nothing. Got to the point where I could barely get it into forward. Help, please. Where do I begin looking? Bucket seems ok, but I only looked briefly before the sunset. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Disconnect the shift cable at the bucket. Does bucket move easily? Does the shifter move now? Any crunching or grinding noise? It sounds more like your cable is done. 17 years old. They are standard marine control cables. Not SeaDoo specific. Not too hard to replace. There is a rubber bellows that should be replaced every year. One on steering cable also. These from Mercury.

My son and I removed the cable today. Not a big process. It was definitely seized.
Went to our local SeaDoo place to order one as no marinas in the area had something comparable. That cable is discontinued but another company makes one that works so that will be in on Friday. Also ordered a new bellows for the exterior portion of the cable. Parts arrive Thursday/Friday and we see if it works. I’m pretty confident it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back