2003 Islandia (250 Optimax) Won’t fire up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so, weekend before last we took the boat out for the first time and it ran beautifully. Started right up, full revs, ran like a top. stopped for lunch and then had major problems shifting it. Limped back to the dock and shut off the motor with the lever slightly in forward gear because it wouldn’t go fully and not at all into reverse. Hauled her home for repairs (I don’t know if this last bit is important but thought I should include it).

Upon the advice of the kind folks here I replaced the shift cable yesterday and it shifts like a dream. Because I had her in the driveway I also replaced the belt On the top end of the motor. Took her to the ramp to be sure she wasn’t leaking water from the bellows and all was well. Went to fire the motor (250 Optimax)) and she cranked but would not fire. Drove her back home and tried her one more time before the rain started and still wouldn’t fire.

am headed out to the boat now to look at it but would appreciate some ideas as to what may be causing this. It has never happened before and seems suspicious given the work we just did.

Question: the near trail kill switch...blue and white wires coming from controls. If one of those got broken accidentally could that cause it? It’s the only thought I had beside maybe the kill switch. Again, any ideas or help are welcome because the weather forecast for the weekend is gorgeous and we want to be out on the water.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back