2003 GTX 4tec supercharge steady acceleration, but not going over 36-41mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Sea-doo was given to me it has 42.7 hrs, it was sitting for several months in the warehouse. I clean it up and noticed the engine in excellent condition. it started up with a new battery. it does not hesitate to start it starts as soon as I press the starter bottom.
Last weekend I took it to the water, it started good, all gears (neutral, forward and reverse) works fine, no codes...the oil and spark plugs were like new. I did added an octain booster and I filled the gas up with premium gas. I noticed that it accelerated not as fast and it reached 34-36 mph with no problem. RPM's 4-5. I rode it thinking it needed to run since it was sitting.... after a little while of riding I pressed the throttle and the sea doo wanted to speed up fast; it pull me backwards for a second or two, but it slowed down to the same speed as before. when it accelerated the rpms reached 7.5-8 and the speed went up from 35 to 56.
There was times that I stopped and took a swim, I restarted it, it worked as normal but with the same acceleration issue.

I took it to a PWC Shop and they are going to replace the jet propeller and the ring; that is their diagnosis...I checked the jet intake, but did not see anything obstructing the jet propeller; I was wondering if you have a second opinion since my background is not into the mechanics too much, however, I enjoyed it so much that I am willing to take some PWC mechanic classes. I appreciate your input.
Regards, and stay safe.

Your wear ring or prop are either badly worn, or something is wrong with the prop shaft bearings that make the prop very hard to turn.

If it’s been standing a long time then give it a service and replace the fuel
You will then have a good starting point
The wear rings can go brittle over the years and large junks can break away but if they replacing wear ring and bearings and seals with the engine service you can’t go wrong
Basically an excellent starting point plus the ski has very low hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back