2003 GTX 215 or 2007 RXP 215 ?????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwiftyfive

Hi all, I'm buying my first PWC and need a bit of advice, I live in Northern Ireland so my options are limited, Narrowed it down to 2 i think, First is a 2003 SeaDoo GTX 4-TEC supercharged with only 63 hours, 1 owner from new, only used in fresh water + full service history by SeaDoo still got the original supercharger washers and SeaDoo oil has been used since he got it, askin price is £3,800 Second option is a 2007 SeaDoo RXP 215 Supercharged + Cover with 115 hours, both fresh and salt water use, not sure about the service history but this is from a dealer and he said he has fully serviced it and rebuilt the supercharger so i'm guessing he put RIVA washers on it and he water tested it and he will cover it for 3 months, he's lookin arround £4,500 for it, I personally prefer the look of the GTX and like the idea of it being more stable as i am new to the sport and never used a jet ski before and also think with it having lower hours it may be easier to sell on if or when the time comes but then again the RXP is 4 years younger, Has anyone any advice which i should go for, which is the better ski?? which is more reliable? Which will resell easier less hours or newer model?? Also any other usefull advice yous can offer someone new to the sport would be great, I've seen a few sunken SeaDoos and really wanna avoid that if possible.. ;-)

Here is pics of both skis

GTX
http://tinypic.com/r/34pz34m/8

RXP (not the actual ski but same colours)
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200710/2008-sea-doo-rxt-2_600x0w.jpg

The 2003 is 185 HP, not 215 HP. The 2003 also has the cheap plastic pump that will need to be replaced with the aluminum that they started using in 2004 unless you like changing wear rings a lot.

It really depends on whether you want a 2 seater or a 3 seater. Both are solid machines but the RXP is way faster.

RXP hands down...For the roughly $1000 US you will not regret it! The RXP is a very stable PWC. Is it as stable as a 3 seater? No. But it leaps and bounds above any early PWC and plenty stable for any beginner. On top of the potential jet pump issues just mentioned, the GTX would also need a supercharger rebuild, being that the bearings are 11 years old and can become brittle over time.

The RXP is so much easier to upgrade if you choose to go that route. The 50 hours difference in usage is nothing in the grand scheme of things. The 2 recommendations I have for you are 1) since the RXP was used in salt, make sure to check for corrosion and rust inside the engine compartment, and 2) check the bottom of both hulls thoroughly for any damage. This is very important!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back