2002 speedster no fuel in #5 cylinder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfpac65

I have a 2002 speedster 240 EFI it has no fuel in # 5 cylinder I have good compression took all the injectors out and had them tested and cleaned dont know if the ECM would stop working on just one cylinder hope someone out there has a suggestion

If all the injectors were tested and working then is the injector harness plugged in the whole way? Is the MPEM sending a signal to fire that injector? While the engine is not running, disconnect the injector plug off the injector and plug a volt meter to it. Start the engine and see if it registers any voltage. That tells if the pulse is at least getting to the injector. No voltage then check the wiring or see if you can plug volt meter into harness that leads to wire of injector back where it is generated at the MPEM. Check the wire from MPEM to injector and make sure of no pinched wire, broken or cracked insulation. If you can find both ends of the wire then ohm it out to see if it is conducting and not shorted to ground.

I checked the plug that was connected mpem was sending a signal it had good voltage I have also looked at the wiring harness that also looks good the only thing i can think of is that the reed valve is bad going to tear it down tonight and see if that is the case

I don't understand. How is a reed valve going to cause an injector not to fire? I would guess it is a bad injector. Have that injector tested again. Could be a clogged injector. It tests fine but is it actually passing fuel through it when it does fire?

tore down the motor the reed cage was tore up parts were missing off the cage itself found cage shrapnel in the intake never seen that before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back