2002 Seadoo XP no spark.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scso130

I have replaced stater and trigger , Computer and plugs. Trimmed back wires. Still no park. It turns over just fine but won’t fire. And ideas??

Have you a multi meter? Id systematically work through all electrical connections.

Good video working through no spark.

Id also check spark plug gap

It’s so weird, I use a test light and I get power to the wires and inside the boot but plugs aren’t sparking. I bought new ones and same problem.

If you are not using the right plugs the MPEM will not function properly I think the right plug for your model is NGK BR8ES.

Other quick question. Will a cracked fuel cap be a reason the fuel filter filler isn’t filling up with fuel?

No a cracked cap will not cause that but you should still fix it as it can let water in and you want a little bit of pressure in the tank.

remove the return line from the carbs and put a little pressure into the tank. Once fuel starts dribbling out the fitting on the carb put the return line back on and it is primed.

Ok so not getting fuel. It’s a double carb. Is the fuel pump inside the carb?

Yes, the fuel pump is on the mag carb and is worked by a pulse line that runs to the crank case.

Plug the return line when you put the pressure in the tank. That will push it through the other way. Then when gas trickles out of the return nipple the system is primed.

427a7854f946dde3070a75908fb8d4bb.jpg

Do you know what line goes here?

Would bad gas be a reason it won’t fire over? Acts like it wants too. The gas is awe full yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back