2002 RXDI sputtering

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahah I just want to make sure I get the right one. I can measure the line. Thanks I will check fuel filter in the morning could be plugged and only allowing minimum fuel threw

Can not bench test. You need to test it under load. You need the ski in the water with the jet pump submerged. Strap it to the trailer and back it in just until the pump is submerged.

No need to be in the water. Fuel pressure can be tested at home in the garage.

Chester

I'm enjoying this thread. Full of information. Thanks for posting up and helping guys. I have a couple of DIs to work on and you've provided lots of info for this ole boy. :D :D

Wix 33095 metal filter. Can be purchased at and big box parts store. Save yourself some trouble and while you are at the parts store purchase two heavy duty stainless hose clamps and be done with it.

As the owner of 4 DI skis, I highly recommend OEM fuel pumps. I have tried all others and OEM is the best.
Fuel filters on the OEM pump can be purchased at your big box parts store.
Airtex: FS242 and FS220

Have you by chance compression tested yet?

I have a new fuel pump arriving tomorrow I am crossing my fingers ! I am let everyone know I called the pump company and told them the ski sat for 2 years he said the pump is bad.

Yes both are at
Wix 33095 metal filter. Can be purchased at and big box parts store. Save yourself some trouble and while you are at the parts store purchase two heavy duty stainless hose clamps and be done with it.

As the owner of 4 DI skis, I highly recommend OEM fuel pumps. I have tried all others and OEM is the best.
Fuel filters on the OEM pump can be purchased at your big box parts store.
Airtex: FS242 and FS220

Have you by chance compression tested yet?
148-150

Is this ok to use on our high pressure fuel pumps or a No No !

Attachments

• 5108F31D-5900-461A-AF8C-406401B2EA6A.jpeg
    5108F31D-5900-461A-AF8C-406401B2EA6A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Yes. And I have seen them strip out or break due to engine vibrations etc. I do not trust anything personally besides those oetiker clamps that I KNOW do not come off. Again my personal preference.

Been using heavy duty stainless hose clamps for years and never had a problem.
Most all hose clamps are rated for over 150psi, but you use whatever you are comfortable with.
They all work just fine.

I've been using regular hose clamps on mine for the last 10 hours no problem. I doubled them up on each side though. So I used 4 for the fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back