2002 RX 951 Jet size to eliminate Accelerator Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmiller90

Been chasing the accelerator pump problem on my 2002 RX 951. Seems the problem is the little orange umbrella check valve in the accelerator pump housing. No source for that part.

Ski is completely stock.

What would be the correct jet size to switch to when eliminating the accelerator pump? The stock pilot jet is 75.

Thanks for your help@@

Last edited:
I chased that orange check valve years ago...unfortunately,,,the exact same part is from a holley carb,,,number,,,4126,,or 2146,,,something like that,,,I went to a local race shop to buy it,,,but it has been so long,,,that check valve is not on the mikuni site,,,

Last edited:
They are impossible to find on any mikuni parts list,,yup,,,26-41,..its all coming back now LOL

If everything is proper with your carbs,,the stock setup and new valve should work fine.

If everything is proper with your carbs,,the stock setup and new valve should work fine.
Unfortunately, the Holley Umbrella was too big, plus you could never get the stem in there properly without pulling from otherr end, which you cant access. I had no choice but to eliminate the accelerator pump.

They have been around couple decades,,,and modify skis to what ever degree the customer wants,,,and I am sure they will know your revised jetting

Need your advice, I changed to 85 and 165 High Speed. LS Screw is 1 1/4 out. Stil having to feather the throttle to get to High Speed. Would you recommend going to a 90 size pilot jet? Thanks
If you still need help, Move the low speeds out a little bit until the hesitation goes away

Unfortunately, the Holley Umbrella was too big, plus you could never get the stem in there properly without pulling from otherr end, which you cant access. I had no choice but to eliminate the accelerator pump.
I got the larger umbrellas when i went through this, you can still use them if you center a leather punch with the same diameter so it will seat once pressed into place. Works great for my 99 GSXL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back